How much does it cost to take part in the Au pair Australia program?
You can choose from one of our 3 programs. Read more…
Our package includes help and support throughout your entire stay. From the moment you book & apply, until the time comes for you to return home – our team is there for you every step of the way! Like application help, visa support and an office in Sydney who are on hand to help you whilst you’re in Australia, you can rest assured that everything is taken care of and a guaranteed job is waiting for you before you even set foot on the plane!
WHAT YOU GET BEFORE YOU LEAVE…
Before you depart you can expect the following benefits…
- A dedicated team to help you through your application process
- A face-to-face interview with one of our team (travel costs NOT included)
- Assistance with your Australian Working Holiday Visa Subclass 417 or 462
- Your profile displayed on our Au Pair in Australia online matching system, so you can be viewed by hundreds of families across the whole of Australia
- Help finding that your perfect host family. Our team will coordinate Skype/telephone interviews, in order to find your ideal match
WHAT YOU GET BEFORE YOU ARRIVE…
- Aupair receives access to our Online Au pair and Nanny Training Course dedicated to Childcare Development & Nanny Roles
- Transfer to your host family
- Certificate of Completion of the Online Au pair and Nanny training course
- A weekly salary of up to $290 AUD per week and an end of placement bonus of $500 AUD. That’s about $1,080 AUD per month and nearly $7,000 for your 6 month placement including your bonus!
- A minimum of one full and one half day off per week. That’s about 6 days per month and 36 days off during your placement!
- 24-hour emergency assistance throughout your ENTIRE placement including your own dedicated Au Pair Counsellor
ONCE YOU START YOUR PLACEMENT
As explained above, you will have a dedicated Au Pair Counsellor who is there to support you throughout your placement!
The office will also be on hand to:
- Contact to make sure that you are getting on ok and answer any questions you might have
- Put you in contact with other Au Pairs in your area, so you can start meeting other young people on the programme!
OTHER COSTS TO CONSIDER…
Your Visa – Currently $420 AUD (that’s about 300 Euros)!
To be an Au Pair in Australia you need a Australian Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417 & 462). This currently costs $365 AUD, although prices are subject to change. You will be required to pay this when you complete your visa application online.
Your Flights – Currently about £800 – £1100 for a flexible return ticket!
To fly from the UK or US to Sydney you can generally expect to pay between £800 and £1100 for a return ticket. You will need to book your own flight
Criminal Record Check (CRB) – Up to £45!
As you will be working with children, you are required to complete and pass a Criminal Record Check (CRB). At the moment this costs £44 for applicants from England, Wales & Northern Ireland and £45 for applicants from Scotland. If you have a current CRB that is dated within the last 12 months we may be able to use it.
Check out the Registration Process section of our website for more information about the application process!