Welcome to Au Pair Australia
Au Pair Australia – Longest Established au pair agency in Australia
Au Pair Australia is a Registered Au pair Agency matching Au Pairs with families all over Australia and overseas since 2008.
The Au Pair in Australia program combines affordable and qualified live-in childcare and cultural exchange. There is no other form of childcare that is so flexible, cost-effective, and reliable.
Hosting an au pair in Australia can be a rewarding experience for both the host family and the au pair. Au pairs come to Australia to live with a host family for 6-12 months, care for their children, and experience Australian culture in return for room, board, and pocket money.
An au pair in Australia can expect to earn between $200 – $280 AUD per week depending on the hours they work and their responsibilities.
Au pair Australia is a recruitment Au pair agency, We place au pairs in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and all cities Australia-wide. We specialize in providing high-quality, personalized au pair services.
We are involved in the entire process from selecting suitable candidates, screening au pairs, facilitating interviews, to helping with contracts and offering support during the placement.
Our goal is to help families find the perfect childcare solution that fits their unique needs.
In the program, au pairs provide childcare and light housekeeping duties. In exchange, they receive a weekly stipend, room and board, and the opportunity to experience the Australian culture and improve their English language skills.
Australia’s Longest Established Au Pair Agency
#1 trusted Australian au pair agency for over 15 years.
No registration or application fees
Why Au Pair Australia
All our Au Pairs are fully screened, reference checked and personally interviewed and selected to match your requirements. We follow a rigorous and professional recruitment process. We also provide FREE Au Pair Training to all of them. The key advantages of choosing our Au pair Agency in Australia.
We are not after your money, we simply want loyal customers that come back to us again time after time. As you well know, we stand out by our values and this is why we do not charge upfront deposits and until our customers have found the ideal candidate as we want loyal customers, not locked customers.
We have screened girls ready to travel. We help you to welcome her in the best possible conditions by answering all your questions and we follow up your case throughout her stay.
We serve as an intermediary between the host family in Australia and Au Pairs from overseas, through our matching service and working holiday program. Our aim is to give the opportunity to young girls to come to work and discover the country.
We have a vast list of families all over Australian major cities.
Because we believe that every family is unique, we want to define with you optimum selection criteria in order to present candidates to fully meet your expectations.
What is an Au Pair?
An Au Pair is a young adult, usually between 18-30 years old, who comes to live with a family for 6-12 months to provide flexible and personalized childcare.
They receive a weekly or monthly “pocket money” allowance, which isn’t a salary but rather a stipend to cover their personal expenses.
Besides, the host family covers the costs of room and board. The role of an au pair in Australia is more than just a child care provider; it is a chance to become part of a welcoming family and immerse oneself in the rich tapestry of Australian culture.
What distinguishes us from our competitors?
- No registration fees or deposits! The placement fee is only payable upon confirmation of a placement, We do not oblige you to remain with us by charging you a booking fee
- No extra payments if you need a driver, native English speaker. Unlike other agencies, our placement fee is a one off payment
- We are the only Au pair agency in Australia offering an Online Aupair Course to your au pair before arriving to Australia, with information about security measures taking care of children, discipline, lunch preparation, etc. Have a look here for more details.. We have candidates from Canada, USA, UK, France, Italy, Norway, Germany and many other countries….
- Our agency is run as a family business, which means that we stand out by our personal and customised service.
Our candidates have police clearance, childcare references and most of them a current first aid certificate
|Flexible Live-in care
|Au Pair Pocket Money. How much do au pairs get paid in Australia?
|Childcare with a personal approach, up to 40 hrs/week.
|Save money with fixed costs regardless of the number of children.
|Au pair Screening Protocol
|We boast top-quality screening, the perfect au pair-family matching, and constant support from our Au pair agency.
|We cooperate with au pair agencies in other countries that conduct detailed screening and thorough preparation of candidates.
- Learn about What is an Au pair
- Benefits for Families
- What does an Au pair do
- Placement process
- The difference between au pair and nanny
- We offer an Online course valued at $220 to each Au pair that we place
- Benefits of being an Au Pair in Australia
- Placement process
The most trusted agency for safe and secure placements and “in country” support. Professionalism, safety, security and care are four of the basic elements of our agency. Our programs aim to help you to find the perfect family match for you so that you have a great time in Australia.
Besides the Online English course, some of the benefits of registering with our our agency are that we offer fully vetted host families and ensures a valid agreement that protects you. We provide ongoing support during your placement, in case of any problems or emergencies; placements with a new family are possible should this be necessary.
Why Become a Host family?
Is reconciling family life with serenity and professional life, while enriching your family from a cultural experience perspective It can be a great experience to be exposed to a new culture and language.Read more about the benefits for families.
Every effort is made to match an applicant to a family. The needs of the family and the experience and personality of the applicant are taken into consideration. Our agency does its very best to present an applicant that will most likely fit with the host family’s requirements and lifestyle. We do not waste your time presenting applicants who would not be suitable.
We do check their criminal records overseas through our partners before accepting them. We provide them information to get the visa and they also go through an interview with the family before confirming the placement. Our agency has years of experience of placing top European, American, British and Canadian girls with good language skills, which means that we can offer you and your family access to the finest candidates.
We offer a comprehensive service and give continued support throughout the placement. We also offer an on-line course that we recommend them to undertake to ensure better knowledge and understanding of child minding.
What are the duties of an Au Pair in Australia?
The Au Pair:
- provides up to 40 hours per week (excluding babysitting).
- takes care of your children at home (meals, baths, games, naps …)
- accompany your children to school, extracurricular activities, leisure …
- should be willing to do daily light housekeeping (cooking, laundry, dishes, ironing …)
- shall bear the cost of their language classes in their free time
What are my obligations as a host family?
It is a cultural exchange program, and is by no means an employment contract.
During their stay in Australia, your Au Pair should be considered as a family member. You can possibly offer some advantages, such as participation in language courses.
In exchange, the family must:
- Provide a private room (she can share the bathroom),
- Ensure you provide all meals,
- Provide pocket money of an amount equal to or greater than $210 AUD per week
- Give the Au Pair one or two days off per week, at least one Sunday a month for worship, enough free time for language lessons and distractions, and one week of paid vacation after six months of service within your family.
Role and Responsibilities of an Au Pair
The primary responsibilities of an Au Pair in Australia involve providing childcare and performing light household chores. This can include picking up children from school, helping with homework, preparing meals, and assisting in keeping children’s areas clean.
Au Pairs are not supposed to be a replacement for professional domestic help but are there to support the family structure and assist in day-to-day activities.
However, it’s essential to remember that an au pair isn’t a nanny or a housekeeper. An au pair should be treated as a member of the family rather than an employee. Their role is part-time, typically up to 35-40 hours per week, allowing them time to study, explore, and participate in local activities.
While the working hours can be flexible and vary from family to family, Au Pairs usually have at least one to two days off per week to explore and enjoy their surroundings.
Benefits of Being an Au Pair
Becoming an au pair can offer a range of personal and professional benefits. It provides a cost-effective means to travel, learn a new language, and experience a new culture in-depth. The position also offers hands-on childcare experience, which can be beneficial for those considering careers in education, social work, psychology, or similar fields.
Host Family Benefits
For host families, having an au pair can be a flexible, enriching, and practical childcare solution. It can introduce children to a different language and culture at an early age, fostering their global awareness and tolerance. Families also often form strong, lasting bonds with their au pairs, leading to lifelong international friendships.
In exchange for their help, Au Pairs in Australia receive free board and lodging from their host family. This typically includes a private room and all meals. They also receive a weekly pocket money allowance. The amount varies, but it generally ranges from AUD 200 to AUD 250 per week, depending on the hours they work and their responsibilities.
Beyond the practical aspects of the arrangement, one of the most rewarding elements of being an Au Pair is the cultural exchange. Au Pairs have the chance to learn about Australian traditions, lifestyle, and language, while the host family gets an opportunity to learn about the Au Pair’s home culture. It is a mutual exchange that broadens perspectives and fosters international understanding.
Hosting an Au Pair, What are the advantages?
- More free time for parents – She offers the parents the chance to enjoy some quality time together (one evening per week) where they can relax by leaving their children in the hands of a capable babysitter who is familiar with their children’s ways and routines.
- Is affordable– Normal average childcare in Australia charges between $95 and $150 per day; while she can provide up to 40 hours per week of flexible help with the children and the house She receives pocket money of $8 per hour (approximately $210 – $240 p/w depending on working hours) per family, and not per child! (Unlike other forms of childcare)
- Is time saving-There is no need to advertise for the position and therefore, get the necessary background checks.
- In-home childcare– She will provide in-home childcare. which is a one-to-one relationship. Duties include: Housekeeping, help with cooking , Ironing, Grocery shopping and responsibilities related with childcare such as: bathing children, supervising homework, preparing meals and lunches, reading, playing games, taking them for walks or to the park. They offer live-in childcare, so there is more flexibility to arrange their working hours to adjust to your family’s needs.
- Is Convenient – There is flexibility, as you can arrange a work schedule, with your needs as priority and in the way that is convenient for you. You don’t have to wake a child early to get him ready or put him to bed late just to fit around your working pattern. Care in your own home means that it is less difficult when your child is unwell.
- Suits your needs – She provides a customized childcare, according to the needs and schedule of your family, she can devote full attention to your children and she will know her daily routines.
Being an Au Pair in Australia can be a life-changing experience, offering the chance to live and work in a different culture, build lifelong international friendships, and develop new skills. While the role comes with responsibilities, the rewards, both tangible and intangible, are immense.
Through the Au Pair program, young people are not only afforded the opportunity to explore the beautiful Australian landscape and way of life but also contribute to and become part of an Australian family, creating memories that last a lifetime.