Au Pair Australia agency
Why do I need an Au Pair from Au Pair Australia?
The Program Au Pair Australia is a cost effective solution. Childcare normally costs more than $100 per day per child. An Au Pair will cost AUD $200-320 per week whether you have one child or three!
Crèche or Au pair?
If you answer yes to one or more of these questions, then you may have the answer you have been looking for:
- Childcare increasing costs?
- Childcare hours are inflexible?
- Need an extra hand with light housework to allow you to take more time with your children when you are at home?
- Need an habitual babysitter whom both you and the children know – freeing-up some time for you and your partner?
- Do you struggle with childcare over the summer holidays?
Then the solution to your problems could be an Au Pair!!
Why is it a better option to have an Au pair?
– It is the option taken in cases where both father and mother spend many hours away, and that fits perfectly with the family schedule.
– The advantages of having an Au pair at home is that the child remains in a familiar environment, and by having a single caregiver, is not obliged to adapt to several people.
– If you have only one child, is a one-to-one relationship.
– Our Au pairs can usually look after a baby or child.
– Care in your own home means that it is less difficult when your child is unwell.
– The hours are usually flexible – you don’t have to wake a child early to get him ready or put him to bed late just to fit around your working pattern.
Why not to choose the crèche before the child is 3 years old?
· Small children attending kindergartens must constantly adapt to the change of caregivers and do not receive individual care.
· Another disadvantage is the increased risk of infectious diseases, despite the fact that some people believe that early exposure to germs, bacteria and viruses can strengthen your immune system.
· Waiting lists for public and private schools are very long.
· Schedules are often not adapted to certain professions. For those parents working in evening shifts and weekends.
· Usually, none of the existing pre-schools is willing to accept children when they are sick. And you or your partner will usually have to take time off work.If the child is very young is likely to be infected with infectious diseases and often have to spend long periods at home.
– Your child will not be in familiar surroundings or have many of his toys with him.
– There is less one to one-to-one interaction
– The hours are fixed and may not be flexible enough for you to do overtime.
– Most pre-schools follow the public school hours and holidays, which can be difficult for working parents.
– Your child may not be ready for the structured learning environment.
Please note Au pairs do not take care of infants, an Au pair is not a qualified nanny, some of our au pairs have baby experience and are willing to care a baby (over the age of 1.5 yrs old/over 2 yrs old if sole charge) as long as you give her some training on her arrival and do not expect her to care the infant in sole charge and be fully experienced with babies as they are not nannies. In cases like this, the au pair should be considered an extra hand for the mother and not care infants in sole charge.
Au pairs can work sole charge of children over the age of two years.
Au pairs are not qualified childcare workers and cannot be responsible for looking after babies unsupervised for long periods during the day. However au pairs’ experience will vary greatly and some applicants will have experience when it comes to caring babies (over the age of 1.5 yrs old/over 2 yrs old if sole charge) and be confident in this role.
Au Pairs do not generally have formal childcare qualifications and therefore it is at a family’s discretion to leave an Au Pair in sole charge of children over 2 years old. Please note that a Family should not leave an Au Pair in sole care of any child under 2 years. Au Pairs are more akin to a babysitter, than an experienced child-carer.
If you have a baby older than 2 yrs old and you are looking at this solution you’d probably want someone to start at least a month or so before you go back to work, so you can give more and more sole charge while you are around to observe etc.